CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jun 14, 2009

“…but, at long last, I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all…I believe we would be happier to go back to simpler living and more direct thinking. It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest and living close to nature. There are no hothouse blossoms that can compare in beauty and fragrance with my bouquet of wild flowers.”
— Laura Ingalls Wilder

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Love it, the simple things really are the best...

Honib1 said...

well said.. and out of curiousity.. are you a Little house fan? lol I feel no shame.. I am .. lol..

~Laura said...

Samantha -yep, simple seems to be so much closer to the way God intended for us to live...

~Laura said...

Honi- You bet I am a Little House fan. I used to love to watch the show and still like to catch it on tv. Probably her name being "Laura" was what first caught my attention as a kid!lol

Verona said...

I love that show too ever since I was a little girl. I wouldn't mind living in Walnut Grove with out electricity and running water for a while. Living simple is as Laura said "living closer to the way God intended" but also means giving up which goes back to basics. No TV = more time for family. No Computer = more quality learning time with your children. I could go on and on.... If there would such an opportunity come along I surly would be the first to enroll. Unless, I am not allowed to take my knitting with me… Sorry ladies, I can live without a lot things and luxury but not without my knitting.