CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 28, 2007

Did I tell you about the housekeeper??

Did I tell you that I hired a housekeeper? I have been wanting to call her for about 2 months. I had convinced myself that I needed to completely clean the house really, really good then give her a call to start cleaning for me. Well, last Thursday I decided enough was enough and I was just going to have to bite the bullet and call her. Our whole family is on the go so much I could not find the time to clean the house really good. So, I called and she came over that same day! The house was at its very worst -so now I have nothing to be embarressed about if she comes and it is messy. The first cleaning took place this week. This was a very deep cleaning and she will be coming every week. I got all of the laundry caught up -- I don't know the last time that was the case! Having 5 people to wash for can back up quick. Since I work from home the majority of the time the messy house was driving me NUTS!

So much better, that is how I feel. I cannot tell you the relief this has given me. I can go to Hunter's footbal practice and stay to watch and go walking without worrying about all the stuff I should be at home doing. I tell you my microwave is so clean its almost like I just got a new one! lol So, this has definately been a positive move for our family. Even though I have to fork out some dough....it's what works for now.

Last night I broke down and ate 1/2 of a medium french fry from Burger King. rrrrrrrrrr Other than that I have been doing well and drinking my water. I am not going to beat myself up about the french fries though because I have been making really good choices since July compared to the choices I used to make. I have to admit I would like to lose this weight a little faster, but progress is progress. My clothes are all getting very loose and I am loving that! You know how this weight loss road is though -you want everything instantly.

Sounds like that is enough of my rambling for now. I hope you have the best weekend ever and the scales are good to you. We have the high school football game tonight, Hunter's football game at 9am Sat, and racing on Sat night. See why I need a housekeeper!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote this as a reply to you in one of my blog entries but in case you didn't see it I wanted to post it here as well...

Do you realize how much our cheating style has changed from what it used to be? It used to be a whole meal/day/week/month of fast food meals and indulgences and now it's whittled down to 1/2 of an order of french fries. You were able to satisfy the craving and then stop. I think you should be proud!

Verona said...

I agree with beautiful disaster, cheating with a half order of French fries is something to be proud off. Just look at the bright site, you could have drowned the whole order but you didn’t. Housekeepers are your dearest friends! I have one too and I would not want to miss her or exchange her for anything.

~Laura said...

Thanks to both of you for the comments above. I am so grateful I have found you to help me and walk by my on this journey. Together we will succeed!