CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oct 4, 2007

Gas, bloating, & Poop..considered yourself warned!

OK, let me just tell you up front this may be ALOT more than what you want to read or hear about! Gas, bloating, and poop. I tell you I must have the world's worst problem with farting. It's no secret, my whole family knows it. No I don't just mean the ones that live in the house with me, I mean my parents, brother, sister-n-law and nephews!!! For several years (and that is no exaggeration) I have had a severe problem with farting. I have not been able to pinpoint the cause. Some foods of course do contribute to the problem, but I can fart 20 times on a day when I have hardly eaten anything.

And then there is the bloating. Now, this I have been able to determine really occurs most after I eat. I tell you sometimes it as if my already fat belly increases times two after a meal. What happen to the days of being able to eat and your belly stay the same size? I have spoke with the doctor about both of these issues more than once, but it never seems to be taken very seriously. Guess I am just going to have to make a special appointment for the farting. When I call and make the appointment, the lady is sure to ask, "And what do you need to make your appointment for?" ....I can just hear it now, "Cause my fat ass will not quit farting! I need to do something and quick before my husband divorces me and my kids pack up and leave for fresher air". Now, what do you suppose her response would be??

Then, there is the pooping. One day I poop, then nothing for 2-3 days, then my stomach starts hurting, major constipation, push past the constipation and what do I get, a major case of the runs, only to start the whole process over again. No joke, some days I can move the scale up 3 pounds, finally poop, and move the scales back down 3 pounds. I spoke to my dr about this to, and I have a prescription for IBS. For a little while it seemed as though it helped and now I am back to the same old process.

SO, with all of this information what the crap do you think? Do you to have gas, bloating, constipation followed by explosive bowel movements, don't poop for days just to start the whole process over again? Again, I must emphasize that I have no idea how many times a day I fart as they are so often I don't know -I would safely say 20-30 plus per day! Please someone, let me know if you struggle with these problems and if you have found something that works for you.

Thanks to all of you who are reading and listening through this post. If you can pick yourself up off the floor from laughing at my farty self please know that I don't think I am really as nasty as this may sound!!!!

Stop by and check out this new website http://ourwickedweighs.com/
It is a new weight loss support forum I find to be pretty interesting...go on...check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad because I WANT to be able to tell you something to do to fix it and I have nothing.

I have LOTS of issues with constipation but that's something I have always had. I think the first time I was ever close to regular was when I first started taking Alli and monitoring my fiber and water better.

I have never had it checked out or discussed it before. I really don't know any sort of trick to help with the problems you are experiencing.

I think I heard from Dr. Oz (on Oprah) that everyone should be farting at least 15 times a day to be healthy. He said something about how if you try to suppress it you will just end up doing it while you sleep instead.

I really hope that someone else can give you better insight or that the doctors will begin to take you seriously.

As weird as this sounds I mean it, keep up posted if you do find some ways to fix things!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my journal!

It sounds like you might have food intolerance... is the problem exaggerated when you eat certain foods...? Try eating kiwi fruit, that always gets my system going a treat!

MARFSBABY said...

Dude, I wish you could meet my boyfriend... he loves a good pooh, fart & bloating conversation and would get right into it with ya.

All them chickpeas you eat could have something to do with it.

Anonymous said...

My husband has lots of problems with gas and he has found acidophilus taken every day to be very effective. It is quite inexpensive and worth a try.