OK, I have made another cool weather soup for tonight. I am waiting for everyone to get home so we can eat it. So far, taste testing out of the pot -it's wonderful!!! YUM. Here's what I did:
4 chicken breast
2 cans 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
2 cans 1% milk
1 large jar of salsa
1 can diced tomato
1 large onion
1 lb Angel Hair Pasta (wheat)
Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces.
Dice onion.
Add chicken and onion in skillet, season to taste and sautee.
In large pot combine soup, milk, can tomato, entire jar of salsa.
After you have sauteed chicken and onion add to your pot of soup mixture.
Bring soup to almost a boil and then simmer for as long as time allows. I simmered for almost 2 hours (this would be another great crock pot dish). Serve over a bed of Angel Hair Pasta.
Now, my soup does not really have a name. For the salsa I chose the WalMart Greater Value brand Southwester Black Bean and Corn Salsa. I believe I will name my soup ......drum roll please..................Southwestern Pasta.
Cara, if you are reading this...you can use the turkey tenderloins instead of the chicken since you are allergic.
Beautiful Disaster, maybe this can be a cooler weater dish idea for you!
Hope you all had a wonderful, good for you dinner. I am going to go over to Weight Watchers online and have a look around again. Just toying with the idea....Have been thinking about it for about two months now....we'll see.
Mid-Summer Update
7 years ago


4 comments:
Wowow that sounds awesome!!!!!
Thanks for the good tip! I think I might give this one a try! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Do you have a spanish friend... or were you smacked with a bunch of spam up there? LOL
Mmmm.. I LOVE the 98% fat free mushroom soup. We can't even get it in Canada so when I go down to Seattle, I stock up... with bags and bags of it.
I have no idea what in the world that comment was. But I did delete it. If someone wants to comment me they atleast need to do it in English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! That sounds yummy!!! I think I'll give it a whirl! Sorry I haven't posted in while, I have been super busy!!!
Post a Comment