CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jan 9, 2008

Finally...

Katelyn (my daughter for those who do not know) has been on a waiting list to go to physical therapy for her knee since November. Today was her first appointment, finally. My husband went with Katelyn to therapy and I took Brittany to the social security office to get another card ordered. Brittany and I then went over to the Dept of Motor Vehicle to see if we have everything together for Brittany's driver learners permit. We just need one more thing from the school and she will be good to go! I will take her back on Fri when we take Katelyn to her next therapy appt.

Katelyn will be going to physical therapy three times a week for six weeks. After the therapist evaluated Katelyn's knee today she said she does not think the therapy will do anything for Katelyn and if she does not see an improvement in 3 weeks then she will refer us to a sports orthopedic (we have already seen an orthopedic who sent us to the physical therapist). We'll see how it goes, oh and the therapist is also ordering her a good knee brace -which we asked the orthopedic about and who said he could not get us anything better than we already had. Whatever, sometimes dr's can be frustrating.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was 17 year old I had the worst cramps EVER. Like where I could not move, let alone function. So I knew that birth control would help calm it down so I asked the doctor for it for that purpose. The doctor told me that he would not want his daughter to be on bc so that I should just suck it up. I never went to that doctor again. Needless to say I told him to give me BC and I didn't care what he thought was right for his daughter.

Unknown said...

btw I meant to mention, sorry about your frustrations! I very much so understand where you are coming from!

~Laura said...

Cara,
Isn't that funny how a male dr can say that -yet he has never had the first female cramp!

Unknown said...

haha yeah. the irony huh?

Erin said...

Ugh, sometimes doctors can be VERY frustratring - its usually when they don't have a clue, lol.

But I hope the therapy works for her soon!!