CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jan 2, 2008

A New Year

Happy New Year to all of you! With all that has been going on I have not put alot of thought into things for 2008. I do have a very important one that I am thinking alot about and hopefully will post on it soon.

I went to the ENT this morning for a follow up appointment from the ear surgery. He said the ears look good and that over the next month my hearing in the left ear should increase. This is due to scabbing on the ear drum and takes a while for the scabbing/healing to do its thing. Talked with him about other things that are going on:
Shaking in legs
Shaking if I even begin to get upset about something
Shaking when I become tired
Still have a hard time trying to write
Hard to keep my balance
I mainly wanted to make sure it is not Bell's Palsy related and he said no -he has no answer for these symptoms. He said to give it a little time and if I am still having problems to let him know and let him refer me to someone. We'll see. Don't get me wrong, I am feeling better just these things are of concern.

Food. Well, I have to admit to each of you, I continued low carb for about 2 weeks into being sick and then I through in the towel for while I was sick. Up until yesterday, I still have not been eating like I should. So, I am starting to work on turning this around today. I am not going to go completely back to low carb yet -as I feel I am not ready with the things I listed above still happening. So, for the time being I want to hold steady and not gain. I am happy to say I have managed to do that. I will see how I am feeling week to week and then will decide when I am ready for the low carb again. I will definately go back to it because I was having great success and really liked it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you have had a rough end to 2007. Good luck on a healthy 2008!

MARFSBABY said...

Gosh Laura, every time I come to check in I end up worrying about you more. Shaking?

Could it be vertigo/imbalance related to the ear issues? I hope that's all it is and that it goes away as the ear heals.

You're in my thoughts girl. And here's to a better 2008 than the last month of 2007 was for you!

Shelli said...

I hope this year is a million times better than the end of last year.

Have you seen a neurologist? I really think that you should. If you have to have a referral, I would go to your regular doctor and ask for one. Bell's Palsy is a neurological disorder. You need to find out why you are so shaky and unbalanced. Maybe it is all from the inner ear thing, but if it is then the neurologist, who specializes in these things, can tell you that.

BTW, my husband has vertigo, so I totally know what you are going through with that. He, too, has had surgery on one of his ears.

Unknown said...

This sounds awful. I'm sorry. At least the doctor doesn't think it is too far out of the norm...

Verona said...

Oh my and I thought I was bad off after my accident. Hope you're feeling better soon and your health is improving quickly. I will keep you in my prayers....

JavaChick said...

Wow! You are having a rough time! So sorry to hear you have been going through this and I hope you feel better soon. It makes sense that getting well would be your number one priority at the moment. Take it easy and get better!

Syn7 said...

I'm happy to hear you are feeling better, even if it is only slightly. You will definitely be in my prayers tonite!! Get some rest and remember to laugh and love---it's the best remedy to whatever ails you!!! :)
God Bless!