CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Feb 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope all of you have had a great Valentine's Day!

I spoke to the doctor on Monday and her decision is for me to go on a low-carb diet 30-40 carbs per day and monitor my sugar daily with a monitor. I switched back to low-carb (so much for ole Weight Watcher's ) on Tuesday and I am staying within the rage she recommended.

The dr also asked if I had been exercising and well the truth is no. I have not been eating right or doing any form of exercise since becoming sick around Dec 3. I went walking for a very short bit on Tues at Katelyn's softball practice. I have been very sore and have had achey joints since then. I do plan to walk a bit this evening. Even if it is only 10-15 minutes. As we all know you have to begin somewhere.

Weight??? Well, guess what....I had naturally gained weight during all of this time. Not at first and then it slipped up on me completely. I was eating sweets out of this world. Especially last weekend. The most the scale had yelled at me wa 164. YUCK!!!! So, the rest of the story goes like this: I step on the scale this morning and instead of being ugly to me he reported 156 pounds! I stepped on and off an additional two times and Mr Scale remained consistant with 156 pounds. 156.4 pounds to be exact.

As I pick up all the used up tissues lying at my feet through this time of feeling so horrible....I gave long thought to what the dr had to say. I am determined to stay within the carb limit she gave me, adhere to other additional directions she gave to me, keep a food journal to monitor my carb intake and sugar level daily, exercise, and take my vitamins.

Back to the Basics. How many times is that what we have to slap ourselves around about. It's all about getting back to the basics. Atleast when I go back to the dr I can honestly say I have changed the things she asked and have my trusty journal as proof.

Thanks to all of you for reading as I struggle through this time. I really hate to tell people about my health.....but as much as I look forward to your comments, reading your blogs, and making friendships -this blog is to help me and right now I may need to blog about it some to wade through the waters of lifes battles....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true. We all know what really works for our bodies. We try different things and jump on different diet band wagons but always fall back on old faithful. Good luck!

Shelli said...

You started this blog for you, right? So blog what you want. I work through my stuff on my blogs, too. I need to. It's cheap therapy. ;)

I hope you feel better soon.

Honi said...

thats what u are suppose to do silly .. this is your place.. to type.. vent.. express.. be happy be sad be mad.. u name .. it u do it right here...
Thinking of u and feel better.. hope each day finds you feeling better too..

JavaChick said...

It seems like your health troubles and weight loss efforts go hand in hand, so it makes sense to talk about it here. Do what you need to do to feel better. That's what this is all about, right?

Fantastagirl said...

Stick with it!! I came here via Shelli's losing it- but if you are on her links you must be an amazing woman and if she believes in you - than I do too - stick within your carb range - you can do it!!!!

If you get off track just say to yourself - "self, I'm worth this - and I am back on track starting now."