That is what I asked myself...could I? Could I make just one green change? My daughter's have been talking about going green since last summer. Yes, they are kids and this idea comes and goes for them but they have tried.
So I was thinking about it. Surely I could do just one or maybe even two things to make my little contribution to the green of this world. The first thing that caught my attention was cutting down on the use of plastic bottles and reusing plastic bottles. I have been using the same plastic water bottle for one week now! YAY me:)
I have not bought any bottled water. In the past, I had wanted to get a Brita filtering system for my faucet and one of the Brita pitcher and just haven't done it. It's on my to get list now! I also want to get each one of us in our family our own water bottle to reuse. I have managed to work out using the same bottle but how am I going to manage to cut back on bottles at softball tournaments, etc??? I could buy one more 24 pack of bottled water and refill the bottles with the filtered water....hum, that is a thought. Any suggestions?
I also took a bowl and a plate to work and have not used any styrofoam plates at work. I am proud of myself for that! Also took a coffee cup to work to use instead of the styrofoam cups that work provides.
I also bought a little $1 tree hugger recycled bag at Target that is so cute. I have been taking my lunch to work in it instead of plastic WalMart bags. Again, proud of myself.
There you have it. It started out with the thought of trying to do one thing and so far I have not committed to these:
1. reusing my water bottle
2. not using paper/styrofoam plates and bowls at work
3. using the same coffee cup instead of styrofoam cups
4. bought a tree hugger recycled bag to take my lunch to work in
Not to shabby...and was not hard at all! I am going to look into getting a Brita pitcher and a water bottle for my mom and mother in law for Mother's day along with a flower!
Check out this site.... www.filterforgood.com
Mid-Summer Update
7 years ago


1 comments:
I have one of these bottles & love it. More people purchase the Sigg bottles. http://www.kleankanteen.com/
I purchased mine at the local REI store.
Post a Comment