CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oct 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Today is my daddy's birthday! Happy B-Day Daddy!! He turned a whopping 56 years old today. He is a wonderful man who I am proud to have as my Dad. This May was 2 years since he had a heart attack. This was the saddest time of my life. He is a truck driver and was in Indianapolis, IN when he had the heart attack. Me, my brother and my mom went to be with him. I have never come so close to losing a parent. I thank the good Lord above for leaving him here with us -I don't know how I could be on the face of this earth without him.

Anyway, he has always been there for me and is a super grandpa to my children. I love my daddy with all my heart.......Thanks for all you have done for me daddy!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I loved your blog entry today...dads are so special...I miss mine every day.
I live in Indianapolis and was a nurse here for 30 years...glad the health care system here was able to help your dad when he needed it.
Also loved the picture of the old ladies you posted a few days back...not far away from them myself. I used to get carded for alcohol...now I get carded for my senior citizen discount!

~Laura said...

I cannot tell you how wonderful the hospital there was! I have relatives that live in Kokomo. One of my uncles passed away last year and we made the trip to Kokomo in Oct. I lived in IL and MO as a child and did not remember how absolutely beautiful your fall season is! I was in awe. When we got up north to visit family it is in the summer not the fall. I could not believe the differnce in the fall season from East Texas to your area. Enjoy it for me this year:)

Verona said...

I'm glad your dad is ok now. Losing a parent is terrible. I lost my dad when I was 24 and my mother died when I was 3 weeks old. So I can relate to that very well. My father was mom and dad when I grew up and he too did a wonderful job raising his 5 children alone. But hey, 56 is a great age, he is not old.