CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oct 5, 2008

Gas

Nope. Not the kind at the pump.

Yep. That's right the other kind of gas.

I have had problems with gas for a couple of years now. Really, I mean a problem. All of my family is aware and it is a real joke that I am the gasser of the family. I can't blame them at all -I have more gas than a woman should have to put up with. Matter of fact my mom and husband have told me nurmerous times that it is just not normal and I need to go to the dr about it again.

I have spoke to the doctor about this before and didn't seem to get anywhere as far as really addressing that I am concerned over the past few years. Other health issues have prevailed and I have put the gas issue on the back burner so to speak.

Then, last week it suddenly became even worse and has remained a constant problem. Really, a larger problem that usual. I have taken so much Gas X, anti gas Rolaids, Maalox and etc that I can barely afford to put the other kind of gas in my car!!! Seriously, my stomach hurts so bad and is so visibly bloated that is ridiculous. One night last week I stayed home when the rest of the family went to softball practice because I was in pain.

I have not talked to my new dr about the gassy issues but I am telling you this almost warrants its own dr's appt. Needing to schedule my yearly wellness (yeah right that's a laugh) check up I just think I am going to have to travel down the road of discussing my gasiness with her -seriously!

So, I really really seriously have a question....Does anyone suffer with extreme gas problems and if so what do you recommend??? HELP!!

Oh and I know. I already thought of it. Too bad I can't use it to gas up my car!!!LOL and I beat you to the punch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried all those things too including Bean-O. I don't get it as frequently as you seem to but Oh Gosh when it hits!!....

I hope you find relief soon!

~Laura said...

metalmom -I called today and scheduled a dr appt. I needed to schedule my yearly wellness checkup anyway so I will get it all check out at once.

Honi said...

LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY SAY.. i AM getting scheduled for an endoscope to see if i have a ulcer... have burning and gnawing in my tummy.. just do not feel that great.. and have not for a few months now... have had that bloated and gassy feeling often lately.. good luck too u and thanks for all your words of support lately with the fibro~

Verona said...

I do not have this problem, unless I eat sauerkraut or other cabbage. I would suggest writing a food journal and noting when the gas problem is getting more “gassy”. Perhaps you have food intolerance. Your body is telling you to stop eating that kind of food. I also would suggest writing to Dr. Gott because he comes across as down to earth and his advice is sound. He is looking more for the cause and a natural solution.