My life that is. Sometimes lifes seems to just happen to us and we find ourselves going through the motions of just making it through the day. Letting other effect our mindset and our mood. Well, sometimes it takes finding what brings you back to the center of it all and realizing that we can indeed control how we react to the happenings in life!
To start my day off, I went into work earlier than I usually do. Usually do? Oh, you all know that I work mostly from home -so should I say- I went to work today and I went to work early! Arrived about 6:15am and left at 6:00pm. I had a lot to get done and actually walked out of the building having made some accomplishments today! Thank goodness, because the day started off with not one computer problem but two problems. Then several voicemails were left that did not have.... well let's just say these people were not feeling the joy of the season but the stress of the season!
It was at the moment that the first computer problem was encountered that I looked that screen right in the -screeen- and demanded that I would not have this kind of day and I meant it! I then ran into the second problem within not to many minutes and I stated once again that I refused to have a bad day and that the Lord had given me this day and it was mine to enjoy!!! Then came the voicemails and well, I decided to be politely firm when I returned the calls and that worked itself out to! I did not worry, I did not dwell, I did not stress, I was not snappy, I was not moody....I was me ~Laura~ and I had such a good - productive day.
I took time this morning when I first sat down in my chair at work and read some scripture, the one posted in the blog below.
That was the difference...
I started my day right today. With my eyes on him...God.
Thank you father for this day:)
Love, Laura
Mid-Summer Update
7 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment