CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 21, 2009

Happenings in my life...

So many happenings and so little time. I feel like my time is filled with something to do every minute of the day. That everyone else has control of my time and not me. Well, it is time to pull the reins back and regain what I can control in my life.

School will be ending soon and as far as time, this alone helps my schedule to narrow down a bit. The real downside to school ending is that Brittany will be graduating high school. Although I am so excited for her and want the best for her -it saddens me. Already so much independence has come her way as she comes to the end of her Senior year. Her time filled with her own interests and friends. Although I know she loves me and as much as she does not want to admit it, so much alike we are. But for me, there is not much time in her schedule. I miss taking her shopping (she has her own car now and goes herself and with her friends), I miss just having her in the house knowing she is being kept safe at all times.

We went to the Roseville Bed and Breakfast in Marshall, TX and took her Senior pictures last week. It was so beautiful and I was happy to be there to share in the time with her. She will not turn 18 until July 23 but in her heart she already is. She really is a wonderful daughter and I love her so much. She is my only blue eyed baby and boy do those eyes glisten.

We will be traveling to Nacodogches, TX this weekend to watch Brittany's drama group perform 'Dark of the Moon' again at their Regional performance. She enjoys performing so much and we love watching her. The only draw back is that we are so limited as you cannot attend practices and watch her, etc.

Katelyn has been busy with softball. She is a Freshman and has been playing for the high school team as pitcher. Her pitching has come a long way. She still has much room for improvement but she has come such a long way. She has a new boyfriend and seems to be really happy. He is a really good kid and we have always thought alot of him. She is also still playing for her tournament softball team.

Hunter. Well Hunter is being Hunter....all boy. God love him. He is just in one of those stages I guess. He is a great kid but boy he has his moments as I guess all 11 year old boys do. He is anxiously waiting for football season to come around. He got a Nintendo DSI for his birthday and really likes it. We had his family birthday this past weekend and it was really nice.

Kenny has been busy working and running along with the kids schedules. He is such a good man and I am so lucky to have him!

Me, well I am still me trying to make some improvements. I have been working on growing my time with the Lord. What a sense of strength I have found and continue to find as I read scripture or devotionals daily. Amazing the works being performed in my heart and for that I am thankful.

On a health note, I have developed an earache in my right ear. Not feeling so great and that would be why I am typing this at 4am! Going to the doctor tomorrow as I am having pain and pressure behind my right ear. I can feel the same pain and pressure in the left ear but my right ear is really starting to hurt more. I am feeling a strong pain sensation that comes in goes along with the constant pressure. Also think that I may have a sinus infection. Who knows!

I did have a full hysterectomy on 3/16. I started back working from home after two weeks. Back at work the third week. It has been really hard on my body but do to current work situations I had no real choice. Boy I sure would like about a years vacation!

May God give you a peacefulness in your heart as you take on the day. Can't we give him just two minutes of our day?

4 comments:

Kellzie said...

Conscious
Ownership
Needing
To
Regulate &
Oversee
Life

You are strong and in control. Don't let anyone or anything change that...

Strength and resolve
are your sword and shield.
You stand ready
to face whatever comes.

Direct your steps
where they need to go.
This is your journey,
your life.

A woman's strength
is invincible.
A woman's resolve
is unbreakable.

Be strong and rise above.
Power is in your hand,
waiting to be unleashed
at your command.

Power over mind and body
allowing yourself
the freedom to cry
and to express all things.

It is not weakness.
It is release
and the ability
to rise again stronger.

Be in Control!
Be Strong!
Be Resolved!
Be Victorious!
Be You!

Kelley

Verona said...

Hello Laura
I am sad hearing about your illness. I hope you will feel better very soon. My daughter graduated HS in 2005 and is ready to very soon graduate from college. I know exactly how you feel. Be happy for her and supportive. Lene is doing wonderful in College and is living the dream she had when starting HS.

Glad you're back, I was lonely without you my friend.

Take care

~Laura said...

Kelley -thanks for the words of encouragement! Very nice words and so nicely put:)

~Laura said...

Verona -So good to hear from you to! I have missed blogging and my blogging friends:) They grow up so so fast...