That is the question I have been asking myself this evening. You know, the question up there in the title. How can I be so happy to be so sad?
Prepare yourself because you are going to continue to hear about Brittany, my 2009 Graduate, here this week. Her final high school drama performance was tonight. She once again did an amazing job. To think back to her sophomore year when she wasn't even sure she wanted to try out and to see her now. The play was 'Dark of The Moon'. I absolutely love the play itself. My opinion is that it is about true love itself. Brittany is the lead female role, Barbara Allen.
Well there I was, in my seat in the high school auditorium, all settled in surrounded by my family ready to watch the performance for oh well I think this would be the 6th time or something like that. Anyway, I made it through the entire play without actual tears falling. I was constantly having thoughts flashing in and out of my mind of Brittany's past performances over the past three years. Then, at the very end it hit me like a TON OF BRICKS this would be her very last performance on this state. Tears began to roll. And roll. And roll. I cannot believe this...where has all of the time gone? Well, I can't change any of it, and I don't know that I can really prepare myself for my special graduate to walk across the stage on Friday night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
On a lighter note and yes it was actually lighter. Here is what my food looked like today:
1 cup of coffee with creamer and sweet n low
lean cuisine sesame chicken
Kashi crackers
16 oz crystal light
snow peas
1 taco with flour tortilla, turkey meat
salad with strawberry, raspberry, mandarine oranges, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
I actually think that was everything that entered my mouth! Now, I have not found the time to monitor the exact calories, fat, carbs but I do know that it is such an improvement. I can see right off the bat that I must increase the water/crystal light/unsweet tea intake.
I did also take a very small walk, say maybe 10 minutes. But hey it was a walk and more than I have been doing.
Remember there is always ~hope~ in tomorrow!
Mid-Summer Update
7 years ago


5 comments:
awww...what a sweet post for your daughter.
Oh can I relate. So proud on one hand, and so sad because your baby is grown up on the other. It is truly bittersweet.
Brit is a wonderful person who seems very grounded. You've done a great job!!
Funny how so many times we are really going through similar things at the same time. Tomorrow night I will experience what you experienced last Sat.
Lola --thank you. She has been a joy.
That is very sweet :-) I can only imagine how bittersweet a time it must be.
I listened to the most perfect song for the first time the other day, it's called "Find your Wings" by Mark Harris. Do you know it?
There was a gorgeous line that said
"I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll CHEER as you fly", it made me a little weepy, but I think it must be so true at a time like this for you!
Post a Comment