CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 31, 2009

Graduation 2009 is drawing near

Yes, this Friday my oldest daughter Brittany will be graduating high school. Hard to believe. I am so excited yet so saddened at the thought of this wonderful event. We went to the baccalaureate service this evening. It was not a very long service and just a precursor for what is to come this Friday.

Brittany has developed into such a wonderful young woman whom I am very, very proud of. Really and truly I cannot find the words to really explain my love, feelings, and emotions for her to you properly. You know. Mostly that deep motherly love.

I do wonder, hope, and pray though that we have given her the foundation that she needs beneath her feet to enter the other side of the world. Have I really added enough to her bag of life?

One thing I know for sure is that Brittany knows the love of God and Jesus liver in her heart. I praise God for this. She is a very compassionate person who deeply feels for others.

As graduation draws closer this week, many tears fill my eyes. Tears of joy, sadness, excitement, wonder, proudness... It seems like not so long ago I was holding my first born and singing You Are My Sunshine to her. I love you Brittany.
I love you deeper than you will ever know...at least until you have your own children and experience the greatest love of all...a mother's love.

More to come later this week...on my 2009 graduate!

3 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

THANK YOU for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. So excited for YOU for this Friday. Knowing our girls know the Lord is TRULY the best gift of ALL! Will you post pictures for us?! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I have a son that is a junior...and I am beginning to feel all these things. I cannot believe how fast time flies.

Good luck to your graduate.

(And thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words...) :o)

~Laura said...

Robynn,
You bet I will be posting pictures!

Lola,
Thanks! I could not believe how much SR stuff there was to purchase during Brittany's JR year.