CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jun 5, 2009

My 2009 Waskom High School Graduate

It happened. It is over. It is done.
Brittany graduated high school today, June 5, 2009 at 7pm. Now free from all ties to Waskom High School. She parked in her high school parking spot for the last time. Drove off the school property for the last time as a student.

I cry as I write this post tonight. Deep inside I am so, so sad. Really. I think I am so sad that I really don't know just how to be this sad. How is that? To tell you the truth I have so many emotions running around in my heart right now that I am on emotional overload! Go figure...

I will be posting pictures next week I hope. We got home late and I have to be up at 6am for Katelyn's softball tournament in the morning. We will be at the tournament all weekend in a town about an hour from our house. So, I am going to share with you some of the feelings I have in my heart tonight as I lay down to sleep...at least I hope I can sleep in spite of all these running emotions.

1. sad
2. proud
3. lifeless
4. happy
5. scared
6. confident
7. anxious
8. relieved
9. confused
10. triumphant
11. nervous
12. excited
13. heartbroken
14. tremendous love
15. understanding
16. lost
17. blessed
18. emptiness
18. honored
19. depressed
20. unconditional love
21. devotion

3 comments:

Verona said...

I know the feeling Laura, but that's o.k.. Now starts a new live for your daughter. College is calling, life is calling and making new memories is on top of her to-do-list. Be happy for her and let her go. She knows that she is 24/7 in your heart and mind.

~Laura said...

Verona -thanks for the words of encouragement. I do appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I will be experiencing these very things so soon. My son is also born in 1991, but in Oct so he doesn't graduate until next year....and while I am anxious and excited, I am also dreading it. It is going to feel so weird without him.